Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Traveling with a Pre-Teen #3: What Books Would You Pick Out?


Auntie CC and I took the girls out on a literary extravaganza! We headed first to the Science Center here in Seattle and then over to Elliot Bay Bookstore in Pioneer Square. A wonderful bookstore that Mama J and Little Moon took me to the last time I was here in the Northwest!

I told you already on Facebook that I got for my nephew, a little souvenir! Where Do I Sleep? A Northwest Lullaby. This afternoon we skyped- while AB and Pre-Teenager A were texting and watching New Moon. Over the computer I read him his new book.

But the pre-teens? What did they pick? Well, the vampire genre of books were certainly calling. My Middle School Teacher Friend EZ suggested the series, The Hunger Game. PTA confirmed it was a great series, so AB got the first two books! She also looked through Shiver and we got that one too!

PTA was searching hard. She was trying to decide whether or not to read the Vampire Diaries or to go with books not linked to any series. She chose two really interesting choices! Wintergirls (by Laurie Halse Anderson who wrote the amazing book, Speak) and Ash.

In the middle of New Moon it was time to meet up with Little A, Little K, Auntie CC and Papa J for pizza. We paused the movie and on the way out they door they shouted, "Can we bring our books?" I guess they forgot for a split second who they were with!

"Bien sur!" I replied. "Grab 'em and let's go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment